Executing on our new year's resolutions we brought akeytsu 2020.3.4 with all 2020 updates to macOS. With this, macOS users can now enjoy a fully up-to-date akeytsu with the same intuitive, interactive and efficient rigging and animation experience as on PC.
With that done and the winter holidays behind us, we got back to it with the firm intention to get akeytsu up-to-date. And there you go.The full akeytsu toolset is now available on macOS operating systems. Apple lovers can now wield our standalone rigging and 3D animation software and enjoy the exact same set of features as PC users.
The use of Qt considerably simplify app development across different platforms and beyond macOS it could have us release on Linux as well at some point.
CATCHING UP ON A YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT
On top of that we've been adding some more advanced features last year that expand their possibilities:
- A biped Auto Rig that gives you a functional rig in less than 5 min
- The possibility to place and rig Cameras to create simple cinematics
- Our Retargeting module to transfer over animations across characters
- Support of .BVH files at import to load potential mocap library assets
- Improved 3D Gizmos with the addition of Screen Space
- And finally our Space Swichting / Dynamic Parenting constraint to let a character manipulate props more easily